SharedOSG was initially started by Rhys Hawkins who created an OpenSceneGraph plugin for Access Grid 2.3. The code has been rewritten and enhanced with new features for Access Grid 3.2
- Unlimited amount of simultaneous connections (although we may limit this to 50)
- Telepointer for each participant
- Latest OpenSceneGraph engine
- Wireframe viewing
- Resizable window & Full screen mode
- Create a control panel with configuration options
- List of current participants
- Colour code participants telepointers
- Ability to edit own telepointer colour, name, and avatar
- Master / Slave options and Interactive Option
- Create Linux & Mac versions
- Add progress loading bar whilst 3d object is loading
- Filter files list to only display 3D files
- Left Mouse = Rotate
- Middle Mouse = Move
- Right Mouse = Zoom
- Enter = Telepointer Mode
- w = wireframe mode
- s = gpu statistics
- spacebar = reset to default view
Current requirements are:
- Access Grid 3.1 or 3.2beta1
- Windows XP
- Reasonably good graphics card (nVidia recommended) - depending on what model you load.
You can find the latest beta release on the HIT Lab NZ website at:
Source code can be found here on Google Code
Double click on SharedOSG.agpk3 and it should automatically install itself in your Application Data/AccessGrid3/SharedApplications directory. This will also automatically install itself in AG 3.2.
To run the application, load Access Grid. Upload your 3D file that you want to view in the data section. Right mouse click on Application Sessions and create a new SharedOSG session. Right mouse click on the SharedOSG session and click "Open". Then in the SharedOSG window Select File>Open. Choose your 3D model from the menu and click OK.
Depending on the model size, it may take a few moments to load up.
The rewritten library is now using [www.openscenegraph.org OpenSceneGraph] 2.6 version and osgSWIG for the wrapping with python (the latter developed by Hartmut Seichter).
To view more detailed information, you can visit the HIT Lab NZ project page here