This Access Grid Plugin allows the ParaView render area to be streamed to remote receivers as video. The remote receivers see the ParaView user's interactions with ParaView in near real-time (25 frames per second) at native resolution, and need not have ParaView installed. The Access Grid Plugin simplifies the use of the ParaView Streaming Plugin by negotiating the stream destination address for you.
The streaming plugin currently uses a modified version of the h261 codec, called h261as ("arbitrary size"). This codec is used in the Access Grid for generalized screen sharing.
Installing the Access Grid Plugin
- Download the Access Grid plugin package:
- Install the package: agpm3.py -z ParaViewPlugin.zip
- When in an Access Grid Venue, click the 'ParaView Streaming' button on the Venue Client toolbar
- Other people in the Venue will see the ParaView render area alongside the other video streams.
Installing the ParaView Plugin for standalone use
- Download the plugin that corresponds to your ParaView version:
- Start ParaView
- Select Tools->Manage Plugins...
- Under "Client", select "Load", then locate the plugin file
- Click the Stream button
- To change the stream destination address, click the "Configure" button enter a new address, and press Ok.
- To stop streaming, click the Stop button
Receiving the Streamed Visualization during standalone use
- Launch vic against the target multicast address:
(or whatever address you used in ParaView above)
Source code for this work is available in the project repository